Taras Shevchenko. Fort Raim. Colored pencil on paper (16,3 × 29,3 cm). [Raim]. [19.VI – 25.VII 1848]. Taras Shevchenko National Museum, inv. g – 475.
Top right ink marked: Number 117 – 130.
Dated by the residence time of the expedition in Raim.
During first visit Shevchenko to Raim there was no church. As can be seen from the letter A. Butakov to Admiral Alexander Menshikov, in winter 1848 the church has been "nearly finished – remains only the dome" [Central State Archive of the Navy of the USSR, Leningrad, fund 19, Department of correspondence, case 32].
Comparing this figure with sepia (see number 11), we can assume that the church Shevchenko painted not from life, but after project already in June – July 1848, when the construction of the church was not even started.
Storage areas: collections of A. A. Kozachkovsky, V. P. Kakhovski, S. D. Brazol, V. Tarnowski's Chernihiv museum of ukrainian antiquities – № 237, Chernihiv Regional History Museum, Gallery of pictures Shevchenko, Kharkiv.
K. V. Chumak
After publication: Taras Shevchenko Complete Works in 10 volumes. – Kyiv: ed. Academy of sciences of UkrSSR, 1962, vol. 8, № 148 (image), p. 50 (note).